CPG and FMCG companies need to fully understand individual customer motivations, their buying patterns and the interaction between online and offline activity. Marketing activities are only successful if visitor conversions are identified and tracked back to the online campaign that initiated them.
Conversions are a much more valuable method of tracking visitor behaviour than simply reporting basic measures such as page views and visitors. Conversions are essentially any action or activity you want your visitors to complete such as registrations, opt-ins, coupon downloads and completing a form. Also critical to campaign tracking and their conversions is a system of attribution, whereby credit for positive visitor behavior is assigned to the campaigns that drove them to your site.
Accumulating metrics on your visitors overall can be valuable, but understanding how individual visitors are interacting with your goods and services is vital. With the help of Unilytics expertise and utilities we have created, you can access deep, per-visitor information which is likely already part of your web analytics repositories. You can extract a wide variety of information about individual visitors such as:
- Key pages and key types of content visited (i.e., content groups)
- Visit loyalty (visits per day, week or month, total time spent visiting the site, last time they visited)
- Customer segmentation, such as engagement, utilization, personal demographics, etc.
- What led the visitor to you (initial referrer, first URL on your site, date and time of their first visit)
- Cross-brand penetration
- Search engine information (organic and paid search, most recent searches, and searches that brought them to you)
- Which email campaign they responded to
- If they phoned in after visiting your site as a result of campaigns or search engines, which campaign or keyword brought them to find your site
- For commerce sites, cumulative purchase information (total purchases, lifetime value, etc.)
- Also for commerce sites, purchase history (first and most recent purchase date and time, individual invoice/transaction numbers)
Email campaigns can report on individual visitors and how they respond to email offers (who the email went to, successful ‘opens’, who viewed it, and who clicked through) but not what they did when they landed on your site. On the other hand, web analytics tools inform how many people arrived at your site from a specific campaign and what they subsequently did, but not what individuals did. Unilytics ties these systems together so that unique visitor action is understood.
Tell us what you need. Contact us